Curtain Poles & Tracks | The Pro's & Con's
This entry was posted 24/04/2023
When it comes to decorating a room, choosing the right window treatment can make all the difference. Curtains are a popular choice, but should you go for a track or a pole? In this blog post, we will explore the pros and cons of both options to help you make an informed decision.
A curtain track is a metal or plastic rail that is fixed to the wall or ceiling. The curtains are hung from gliders that slide along the track. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using a curtain track:
- Easy to open and close: As the curtains slide along the track, they are easy to open and close. This can be particularly useful if you have large or heavy curtains.
- Discreet: The track is usually hidden behind the curtains, making it a discreet option that won't detract from your overall decor.
- Perfect for bay windows: Curtain tracks can be bent to fit the shape of bay windows, making them a great option for this type of window.
- Limited style options: Curtain tracks are best suited to curtains with eyelets or hooks, which can limit your style options.
- Can be noisy: If the gliders are not properly lubricated, they can make a noise as they slide along the track.
- Installation: Installing a curtain track can be more difficult than a pole as it requires drilling into the wall or ceiling.
A curtain pole is a long metal or wooden rod that is fixed to the wall. The curtains are hung from rings or hooks that are attached to the pole. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using a curtain pole:
- Style options: Curtain poles come in a range of styles, materials, and finishes, making them a great option if you want to create a specific look.
- Easy to install: Curtain poles are relatively easy to install and require less drilling than a track.
- Can be used with a variety of curtains: Curtain poles can be used with a wide variety of curtains, including tab-top, pinch-pleat, and grommet styles.
- Not suitable for bay windows: Curtain poles are not ideal for bay windows as they cannot be bent to fit the shape.
- Can be difficult to open and close: If you have heavy curtains, opening and closing them on a pole can be more difficult than using a track.
- Can be more noticeable: A curtain pole can be more noticeable than a track, so it may not be the best option if you want a discreet look.
Both curtain tracks and poles have their advantages and disadvantages, and the choice ultimately depends on your personal preferences and needs. If you have heavy curtains or a bay window, a track may be the better option. If you want more style options and easier installation, a pole may be the way to go. Whatever you choose, make sure it complements your decor and enhances the overall look of your room.
For more information or advice on choosing the right product for your room why not give our experienced sales team a call to discuss your requirements on 01494 460198.
This entry was posted on 24/04/2023